Nominations are now OPEN for the 2022 Texas Motorcycle Safety Awards! Submit your nominations HERE by February 28.
The Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition, in conjunction with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and the Texas A&M Transportation Institute Center for Transportation Safety, will present annual Texas Motorcycle Safety Awards. These competitive awards are meant to recognize, honor, and celebrate those individuals or groups who go “above and beyond” in support of the mission to increase motorcycle safety in the State of Texas. All nominations are considered for each of the following awards:
- The Texas Motorcycle Safety Champion Award
- The Texas Motorcycle Safety Difference Maker Award
This nomination honors an individual for sustained, outstanding leadership in endeavors that significantly improve motorcycle safety in the State of Texas. The recipient of this award must have undertaken a concerted, long-term effort to make riders safer and have made a significant contribution to the field of motorcycle safety. The recipient must have established and implemented programs or been responsible for notable advancements in awareness, training, technology or research that yielded a demonstrated impact on motorcycle safety.
This nomination recognizes notable achievements in the field of motorcycle safety in Texas by coalitions, organizations, nonprofit groups, businesses, dealerships, manufacturers or media programs. Submissions may include motorcycle safety programs, plans or legislation in areas including—but not limited to—rider safety and protection, training, impaired riding, speeding or aggressive riding, emergency medical services and passenger safety.
- Nominations can be self-made. No consideration will be placed on whether a nomination was self-made or by someone else.
Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Subgrantees
- Current TxDOT subgrantees are eligible to receive an award as long as the nominee’s position/organization is not 100% funded by a TxDOT Statewide Motorist Awareness and Motorcyclist Safety Outreach and Support.
- TxDOT employees are eligible for award consideration, but their nomination cannot be based off their TxDOT work.
Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition (TMSC) Members
- TMSC members are eligible for award consideration; however, their position, group and/or project cannot be funded 100% by TxDOT Statewide Motorist Awareness and Motorcyclist Safety Outreach and Support.
- Past TMSC members are eligible but cannot be 100% funded by TxDOT Statewide Motorist Awareness and Motorcyclist Safety Outreach and Support.
Previous Award Recipients
- Previous award recipients are not eligible for future recognition through this process. However, nominees who did not receive an award will stay in the nomination pool for up to 3 years.
The Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition is supported by a Task Force. The Task Force will review all nominations and present three nominations from each category to the Coalition for a blind vote. If a Task Force member is nominated, they are not eligible to participate in the selection process. Nominators and recipients will be notified of the outcome via email.
The winner will be recognized at the annual Texas Motorcycle Safety Forum on April 9, 2022. The winner will also be recognized on the TTI Motorcycle Safety website and social media platforms.