The Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition met on March 9 to discuss a number of items. Highlights included:
- TxDOT management transition of motorcycle related grants
- 2016 five percent increase in Texas motorcycle fatalities
- Only 50 open slots left for the Statewide Motorcycle Safety Forum
- TTI researchers are developing a safety-focused interactive map of motorcycle routes in Texas
- TMSC Volunteers wanted for Look Learn Live outreach events
- Sherry Matthews Advocacy Marketing representatives present on Share the Road: Look Twice for Motorcycles statewide media campaign launch on April 27
- TTI researcher presents using Look Learn Live social media as a tool for promoting events and for encouraging behavior changes
The minutes are now available to download.
The TMSC serves as a public forum for addressing strategies to improve motorcycle safety; discusses effective programs, regulations, and other opportunities to improve motorcycle safety; reviews, proposes, and makes recommendations concerning motorcycle-related legislation; and serves to promote rider safety and inform the public about being aware of motorcycles and sharing the road safely.
Find minutes from other meetings here.