Motorcycle safety advocates gathered on February 25, for the eighth annual Motorcycle Safety Forum. This year’s forum was held at the Emergency Services Education Center in Waco, Texas.
Speakers and topics from this year’s forum included:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Motorcycle Safety Program 2013 Update, Kenneth Copeland, Regional Program Manager, Region VI, NHTSA
- Motorcycle Safety Training Update, Dave Metcaff, Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS)
- Look.Learn.Live. A Comprehensive Approach to Motorcycle Safety, Patricia Turner, Research Scientist, CTS
- Technologies for Counting Motorcycles, Dan Middleton, Program Manager, TTI
- Do You See Me Now?, Terri “Popsicle” Benezet, Coordinator, Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Program
- “I Serve…I Ride.”, Jarred Baker, International Safety Director, Green Knights Military Motorcycle Club
- Texas Motorcycle Rider Survey Results, Laura Higgins, Research Scientist, CTS
- Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition (TMSC) Report, Jude Schexnyder, TMSC Chairman
For more information, read a summary of this year’s forum.