There will be a lot of two, three and four-wheeled vehicles traveling Texas roadways this Memorial Day Weekend. Remember, to share the road with your fellow Texans.
If you’re a motorist:
- When turning left, especially at intersections, always double-check the cross traffic.
- Give a motorcycle the same space you’d give any other vehicle.
- Being aware of your surroundings—and all the vehicles around you—will improve safety for everyone on the road.
If you’re a motorcyclist:
- Wear all the gear, all the time.
- Be seen – wear bright-colored clothing, have your headlights on during the daytime, and signal your intentions.
- Actively scan the roadway.
- Ride smart, not impaired.