- 3112 motorcycle crashes happened at an intersection
- 2106 motorcycle crashes happened at an intersection and involved a passenger vehicle
- 2233 motorcycle crashes happened at a a non-intersection and involved a passenger vehicle
- 5434 motorcycle crashes happened at an non-intersection
If you’re a motorist, keep these helpful tips in mind
- When turning left, especially at intersections, always double-check the cross traffic.
- Give a motorcycle the same space you’d give any other vehicle. Don’t tailgate—give motorcycles a four-second following distance.
- Avoid Riders in Your Blind Spot. Being aware of your surroundings—and all the vehicles around you—will improve safety for everyone on the road.
If you’re a motorcyclist, keep these helpful tips in mind
- Be seen – wear bright-colored clothing, turn on your headlight during the daytime and signal your intentions.
- Actively scan your surroundings so you are aware of what’s going on nearby.
- Ride smart, not impaired.
Download the infographic