The Statewide Motorcycle Safety Forum focuses on motorcycle safety issues and motorist awareness. The Forum, sponsored by the Texas Department of Transportation, Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition and the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, is FREE to attend.
Register now to attend.
Following is the draft agenda for the 2018 Statewide Motorcycle Safety Forum.
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Check In and Registration
- 9:30 – 9:45 a.m. | Opening Remarks, Statewide Statistics | Chris Beireis, Chair, Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition
- 9:45 – 10:00 a.m. | What is TxDOT doing to address motorcyclist safety? TxDOT Motorcycle Program Update | Jude Schexnyder, Traffic Safety Specialist, TxDOT
- 10:00 – 10:15 a.m. | What is Texas doing to train riders? Texas DPS & Rider Training Update | John Young, Program Director, TxDPS
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. | How can road curves be analyzed to improve motorcycle safety? | Eva Shipp, TTI & Amber Trueblood, TTI
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m. | Break
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. | What roadside changes can be made to reduce motorcycle crashes? | Michael Manser, TTI
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. | Lunch
- 12:30 – 12:45 p.m. | An overview of drinking and riding | Michael Manser, TTI
- 12:45 – 1:45 | Saving our riders/How to reduce drinking and riding? | Forum Attendees
- 1:45 – 2:00 p.m. | Break
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. | Viewing crashes from the other side – motorcycle accident reconstruction | James Paul Evans, Evans Accident Reconstruction
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. | How to reduce drinking and riding? Recap/Group discussion | Michael Manser, TTI
- 3:00 p.m. | Closing Remarks